The first time I signed in, it was unclear to me what do they exactly do. Is it a marketplace with courses? Or is it a platform to train employees, as well as students?
Eliademy is a mix of:
- LMS (Learning management software) for employee training
- MOOC (Massive online Open courses)
- VLE (Virtual learning environment) where teachers and students can interact in virtual classroom.
They’re a good alternative if you’re looking for a company management software tool or if you’re looking for a virtual classroom for your students.
The platform is simple to use with and the process of adding content (create chapters, link videos and add questionnaires…) is very intuitive.
Eliademy Facts Sheet
|Courses type||• Learning management software
• Virtual learning environment
|Subjects||• Arts and design, Business and law, Education, Humanities, Languages, Life science, Philosophy, Physical and social science, Technology, OER.|
|# of courses||• 1000+, but most of them are private|
|Aimed at||• Teachers and trainers|
|Cost:||• 30% commission on courses you sell on their their platform.
• Free for ONG's and schools.
• 8€ per businesses user. 30% commission on courses you sell on their their platform.
|Available in||• 33 languages, (including English, French, Spanish, Russian, German, Vietnamese)|
|Price||• Free for school, ONG
• 8€ per users for businesses.
|Certification||• The teacher / trainer can choose to give a certification.|
Notes and Suggestions
|Ease of use||• Fairly intuitive to use for both teachers and students
• Nice course flow
• Tasks can be given and understood easily
|Content Delivery||• Easy to set up classes, and add content. No need to be tech savvy
• Easy access to information
• Suggestions: IOS app. Only android today
|Completeness of features||• Good live feature to give real time classes.
• Suggestions: add control features to check student progression.
|Feedback and interaction||• Good Discussion features to connect teachers and students
• Students are given task that teacher can grade
|Learning experience||• Video + Content + quizzes
• Suggestions: Add game elements for more dynamic learning experience.
For other Learning Management System, check out Looop
1. Finnish Startup Gets Seed Backing For Its Online Education Platform Play, Eliademy | TechCrunch. 2014. Finnish Startup Gets Seed Backing For Its Online Education Platform Play, Eliademy | TechCrunch. [ONLINE] Available at: http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/24/eliademy-seed/. [Accessed 05 December 2014].
2.MeeGo To MOOCs, Ex-Nokians Launch Eliademy To Put Education In The Cloud | TechCrunch. 2014. MeeGo To MOOCs, Ex-Nokians Launch Eliademy To Put Education In The Cloud | TechCrunch. [ONLINE] Available at: http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/12/eliademy/. [Accessed 05 December 2014].
3. Eliademy | Create your own online course. 2014. Eliademy | Create your own online course. [ONLINE] Available at: https://eliademy.com/. [Accessed 05 December 2014].